Meaningfully advance Truth and Reconciliation
The path towards Truth and Reconciliation is sharing and understanding the truth of Indigenous history and people, working towards decolonization and Indigenization, and building relationships in order to do good reconciliation work.
- Commit to including Indigenous knowledge, culture and history in all areas of the college experience, both in and out of the classroom, including the integration of Indigenous Learning Outcomes into programs of studies throughout the college.
- In partnership with Indigenous communities, create a Centre of Indigenous Knowledge to support increased Truth and Reconciliation. This Centre will increase our leadership and support of learning, research, Indigenization, decolonization and reconciliation in education.
- Develop an Indigenous knowledge program for faculty and staff, including an on-boarding process for new employees, and develop a training model for both public and private sectors.
- Working alongside Indigenous communities, evaluate our effectiveness on meeting our commitments to the Colleges and Institutes Canada Indigenous Education Protocol and the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action.
- Work with Indigenous communities to provide leadership for protection and access to clean drinking water.
Guided by the Indigenous Education Council and with the support of Indigenous communities, we will be trusted as a committed leader and true partner in advancing Truth and Reconciliation.
Building on Momentum
Through ongoing engagement with our Indigenous partners, we are working to integrate Indigenous perspectives in all aspects of college practice and policy to achieve comprehensive cultural and structural change.
Enable Future Ready education, research, programs, services and experiences – for students, employees and our community
Be a place that honours, values and celebrates the whole of every person
Ensure access to education and reduce barriers for all
Lead in workforce development
Make a measurable impact on climate change